In our last NordicTrack vs. ProForm comparison, the competition got serious (but we’re not spoiling anything—you’ll have to see for yourself). Now, both brands are back to win your heart—and a spot in your workout routine—with two of their most impressive exercise bikes.
Luckily, you won’t have to research these bikes on your own. Instead, take a seat in the stands and follow along with our research below as NordicTrack and ProForm go head to head with some of the exercise world’s top software, specs, and experiences. In the end, we’ll crown a winner—and you’ll get to decide: Are you satisfied with our chosen champion or do more bikes need to enter the ring before they land in your home gym?
Let’s get this challenge started!
NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle
Our first competitor is the NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle. True to its name, this machine can make you feel like you’re in the heart of a high-energy workout studio, cycling right alongside some of the world’s top athletes—or, if you’re looking for something a little more relaxing, you can turn down the heat and go for a relaxing cruise too. That’s the power of the NordicTrack S15i: No matter what your desired workout routines look like, this exercise bike can make it happen.
Details And Specs
If you’ve read our previous Best Exercise Bikes Compared articles, you know we’re proud NordicTrack fans. That’s because NordicTrack packs exercise equipment with some seriously eye-catching features–especially in the S15i, which includes:
- 14” Rotating HD Smart Touchscreen
- 360-degree screen rotation
- Bluetooth® headphone connectivity
- Two 2” digitally amplified speakers
- Integrated Google Maps™ technology (iFIT membership required)
- -10% up to 20% incline
- 22 digital resistance levels
- 350 Lb. user capacity
- Dual 3 Lb. dumbbells
- AutoBreeze™ Workout Fan
- Double water bottle holders
- Compatible with standard road bike pedals and saddle
One of the best parts of any NordicTrack machine is its full iFIT compatibility. The NordicTrack S15i comes with a 30-day iFIT Family Membership to get you started, so prepare to experience some of the most exciting workout types and locations this on-demand library has to offer. From bike rides in exotic locations like Croatia, Germany, and Argentina to trainer-led sessions in a studio. Not to mention incredible bodyweight workouts and meditation practices that take you off your bike—you’ll have plenty of options to keep you moving.
Check out iFIT for yourself:
Better yet, try it before you make a purchase with a free 30-day iFIT trial.
iFIT memberships start at $15/mo. + tax, and auto-renew unless canceled in advance. Cancel at any time. Credit Card required for activation. Internet and WiFi required.
ProForm Studio Bike Pro
This time, ProForm brings their Studio Bike Pro to the table. Don’t let that name worry you—this “pro” cycle is just as friendly to beginners as it is to long-time bikers. In fact, it looks and feels similar to a standard road bike, except you don’t need a helmet and you won’t have to look out for traffic every time you hop in the saddle.
Details And Specs
We may be big NordicTrack fans, but that doesn’t mean we leave ProForm out in the cold. In fact, we’re equally crazy about the features they’ve added to the Studio Bike Pro, including:
- 10” Smart HD Touchscreen Display
- LIVE Resistance Control technology
- 180-degree screen rotation
- Audio auxiliary port
- 22 digital resistance levels
- 250 Lb. user capacity
- Dual 3 Lb. dumbbells
- SMR™ silent magnetic resistance
- 5-position adjustable stack handlebars
- 10-position adjustable stack ergonomic padded seat
- Optional toe cages
- Water bottle holder
- Front-mounted transport wheels
iFIT And ProForm+
Like its NordicTrack competitor, the Studio Bike Pro has full iFIT compatibility. However, the Studio Bike Pro also comes with the benefit of ProForm+*—a unique financing opportunity with ProForm to get free exercise equipment with the purchase of an iFIT Family Membership. The Studio Bike Pro and many other machines are currently available through ProForm+, which means you can outfit your home gym with great equipment that you’ve always wanted and benefit from interactive personal training all wrapped up in one. It’s a win-win!
Which Exercise Bike Wins
The competitors have entered the ring. Let’s see what happens next!
As these bikes stand head to head, the first thing you may notice is that the NordicTrack S15i and ProForm Studio Bike Pro have a lot in common—which means, broadly speaking, you won’t go wrong no matter which you choose. That’s mostly due to their quality engineering and iFIT compatibility, which allows you to take control of your workouts, connect with trainers in real time, track your progress, and more.
The bikes also share similarities like the inclusion of dual 3 Lb. dumbbells, 22 digital resistance levels, rotating screens, and more.
Naturally, any good competition comes down to differences. Let’s take a look:
- Weight Capacity: The NordicTrack S15i has a weight capacity of 350 Lbs., while the ProForm Studio Bike Pro has 250 Lb. weight capacity.
- Incline: Looking to simulate riding up and down hills? The NordicTrack S15i has incline and decline capabilities to help.
- Screen Rotation: Sure, both screens rotate—but the NordicTrack S15i has 360-degree rotation, allowing you to hop off your bike and work out wherever you’re comfortable.
- Workout Design: Want to design your own workouts almost anywhere in the world? The NordicTrack S15i has Google Maps™ technology that’ll allow you to map out your own biking trail anywhere in the world.
- Comfort: The ProForm Studio Bike Pro offers a wealth of adjustable options for the handlebars, saddle, and pedals.
- ProForm+: Only one competitor comes free with the purchase of a three-year iFIT membership, and that’s the ProForm Studio Bike Pro.
And The Winner Is….
This time, we’re calling it a draw.
Although the NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle has a lot of extra features, like its incline range, weight capacity, and 360-degree screen rotation, what it doesn’t have is ProForm+. We think this is an amazing opportunity—so for that reason, as well as the inherent quality of the ProForm Studio Bike Pro, we’ve decided it all comes down to personal opinion.
That’s right: There’s no definitive winner today because what matters most is you! Which combination of features and pricing options is best for your home gym?
It’s always fun to see a competition come to a satisfying end, but when NordicTrack and ProForm are in the ring, things are bound to get complicated. That’s because each brand is known for great features, amazing equipment, and seriously exciting deals.
If you still can’t decide between NordicTrack and ProForm—or between any other brands, for that matter—we’re always here to help. Check back here on our blog to catch up on all of our Best Exercise Bikes Compared competitions, and keep an eye out for other bike reviews and discussions while you’re there!